Thursday 23 February 2012

My Filofax

As you are all probably aware I have a really bad obsession with filofaxes! I currently have a black metropol A5 filofax and I love it! Soon I am hoping to own the Malden personnal, can I cope with the size difference? I guess I will find out! If anyone has downsized let me know how you got on?

First Page Layout

At the front of my filofax I have bits and pieces stored in the slot behind the card holders. (bus timetable, my pocket life coach and bits of randon paper) I have four business card holders at the very front; an insert which came with my filofax, I find it very handy. I have my driving lesson appt card, save the date card, and my little challenging unhelpful thoughts card which I keep just in case I slip back into negative thinking (we all have our moments!). The fourth one is currently blank, I'm waiting to fill it with a positive card (words of wisdom etc) I just haven't found the right one yet Maybe I will make my own?


The Filofax came with numbered dividers which I found really boring and dull I decided to spruce these up by sticking post it notes over them with selotape. It worked a treat for me as I could write on each note to create a section I needed in my Filofax.


After the personal information section I have my diary week on two pages. I find this is just enough room to write all my day to day events, appts etc. Although the days in five languages is a bit annoying and room consuming I decided to just live with it.



I have zoomed out becuase I use my Filofax for work and personal there is some confidential info in there. But you get the idea, this layout does work considerably well for me. I didn't like the idea of a day per page insert as I found the lines very restricting.

After my diary I have 6 tabs divided into the below ;

  1. Writing - Because I love to write I have this tab for any ideas plot/characters that may arise throughout the day
  2. My Space - This is a tab I devoted to myself, after reading Gala Darling on the Radical Self love Bible I decided I had to pursue this. Sorry don't have a link at present! 
  3. Ideas - Any ideas I have work/personal
  4. Positive - This is a tab filled with inspirational quotes, inspiring people etc
  5. Goals - I think it's very important to have your goals written down, they make them more realistic and sub conciously you make the right  steps to make them happen (my theory anyway)
  6. Misc - Here I have just general information, favourite websites, passwords, etc
In the back of my Filofax, there is the handy notepad which again came with my Filofax, I use this for scribbles mainly useless information I only need for a nano second.

And there you have it, my own extendable brain, I would be truly lost without it. I have just received some more inspiration - making collages on my dividers, sounds good. I will let you know how I get on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment